Gas Safety Certificates:

At Chester Gas, we carry out gas safety inspections and provide landlord gas safety certificates for private landlords and letting agents. Sometimes known as a CP12 certificate, it is a legal requirement that landlords arrange a gas safety inspection, and provide a gas safety record to their tenant every year, for all properties with gas appliances. We also provide gas safety certificates for homebuyers.

Chester Gas - Call us now on 07779 646 646 to arrange your annual gas safety inspection

We will carry out a gas safety check on your rental property, and issue gas safety certificates as required by law, for a fixed fee. We also offer discounted servicing when carried out at the same time as a safety check.

Special Limited Time Offer:

Landlord Safety Check (up to three appliances) -- only £80
Gas Safety check and boiler (or fire) service -- only £120
Gas Safety check, boiler service and gas fire service -- only £180

These are complete prices, and include the safety test, and all the required paperwork.

Contact us for more details and to make an appointment. We also can supply and install flue inspection hatches.

Did you know that, not only is it a legal requirement that a gas safety check is carried out annually, but the landlord should also ensure that gas appliances are maintained in accordance with manufacturer's instructions, which usually means an annual service?

Landlords Responsibilities:

According to the Gas Safe Register website, if you let a property equipped with gas appliances you have three main responsibilities:

Landlord Safety Certificate
Pipework, appliances and flues must be maintained in a safe condition. Gas appliances should be serviced in accordance with the manufacturers instructions. If these are not available it is recommended that they are serviced annually unless advised otherwise by a Gas Safe registered engineer.

Gas safety checks:
a 12 monthly gas safety check must be carried out on every gas appliance/flue. A gas safety check will make sure gas fittings and appliances are safe to use.

a record of the annual gas safety check must be provided to your tenant within 28 days of the check being completed or to new tenants before they move in. Landlords must keep copies of the gas safety record for two years.

All installation, maintenance and safety checks need to be carried out by a Gas Safe registered engineer.

If a tenant has their own gas appliance that you have not provided, then you are responsible for the maintenance of the gas pipework but not for the actual appliance.

You should also make sure your tenants know where to turn off the gas and what to do in the event of a gas emergency.

Note: The safety record is often known as a gas safety certificate, a CP12 certificate, or even a Corgi gas safety certificate. As legal requirements change from time to time, please do not rely solely on information shown on the Chester Gas website. It is your responsibility to ensure that you meet all legal requirements, and so please check your legal responsibilities carefully, for example by checking the Gas Safe website, by contacting them directly, or by taking legal advice.

Contact us now: 07779 646 646
01244 478 479

or click here to send us a message

"Every year around 15 people die from Carbon Monoxide poisoning caused by gas appliances and flues that have not been properly installed, maintained, or that are poorly ventilated"

"ALL gas consumers are advised by the government to have appliances checked for safety at least every 12 months by a Gas Safe registered engineer"

SOURCE - HSE website