Gas Safe Register:
Gas Safe logo

The Gas Safe Register is the official list of gas engineers who are registered to work safely and legally on fires, boilers, cookers, and all other gas appliances. Using a Gas Safe registered company (such as Chester Gas) is the only way to be sure that your gas appliances are safe.

The Gas Safe Register replaced CORGI as the gas registration body in Great Britain on 1st April 2009.

Carbon Monoxide:
Gas Safe logo

You can't see it, taste it or smell it but Carbon Monoxide (CO) can kill quickly and without warning. According to government statistics every year around 15 people die from CO poisoning caused by gas appliances and flues that have not been properly installed, maintained or that are poorly ventilated. Levels that do not kill can cause serious harm to health if breathed in over a long period. In extreme cases paralysis and brain damage can be caused as a result of prolonged exposure to CO.

The Government advises that you should have any gas appliances in your home checked once a year by a Gas Safe registered engineer. Annual servicing not only helps keep your heating and hot water working properly, it helps keep you safe.

What should you do if you think that your appliance is spilling carbon monoxide?
-- Call the National Gas Emergency Service on 0800 111 999
-- Switch off the appliance and shut off the gas supply at the meter control valve
-- Open all doors and windows to ventilate the room
-- Visit your GP and tell him/her that you believe your may have been exposed to carbon monoxide

(source: Government HSE website)

Contact us now: 07779 646 646
01244 478 479
or click here to send us a message

"Every year around 15 people die from Carbon Monoxide poisoning caused by gas appliances and flues that have not been properly installed, maintained, or that are poorly ventilated"

"ALL gas consumers are advised by the government to have appliances checked for safety at least every 12 months by a Gas Safe registered engineer"

SOURCE - HSE website